Pages

Monday 19 February 2018

Whanaungtanga Korawai

This is the front and back of my Whanaungtanga Korawai. On the front is a picture I drew and colored in, it represents where I come from and a picture of me stuck on the Korawai to make it look like i'm in it and then we glue on our pepeha ( which is  basically a Maori all about me. On the back it has feathers I wrote on, dyed and then glued them on my Korawai. On the feathers I wrote my skills, what I care most about, one thing from last year I'd like to change, I feel good when someone says I'm.... and so on. We also drew Maori patterns around our border and then we cut out 3 strips of brown paper and plaited the paper, we then glued the plaited brown paper on our Korawai's and that was the back done.
The Korawai's took a few days to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ruby
    I like your picture that you draw but next time can you make it clear so we can read some stuff about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Loveleen.
    Yes I will make it clear.
    Thanks for your comment.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete