Pages

Friday 17 November 2017

Ruby's 3D Printing-Phone Case

This is my phone case I made on tinkercad. It was really challenging because we had to make all the holes in the phone. It was still quite  fun though.The first thing we had to do was make a box the size of a phone. Then we took the  chamfer edges and turned them into  fillets  to do that you needed to get a box shape and get a Cylinder-hole and then put it in the right place to make a corner then group and you will have a corner then duplicate the corner x 4 and put it on all the edges.  Chamfer and Fillets are when you have a sharp edge and you turn it into a round edge. It was now in the shape of a phone case.
After we made it look like a phone case we put all the holes in it. But it needed a hole to put the phone in. So then I made the edges on mine and I was done. The most easiest part(By the way I haven’t done it yet) was to print it. Because the machine did the printing for you apart from the fact that it might not work./fillets.The hardest part was making all the holes because you had to find out where all the holes would go and how to put them.  My phone case wasn’t exactly the best and would probably only fit an ipod but it was still worth it. The experience was fun but challenging which was a good thing in my Case!-get it CASE!

By Ruby.

No comments:

Post a Comment